Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

For the love of paper pieceing...

I do love to piece on the sewing machine. 

I work full time and I need to make the most of the time I have. Piecing by machine is quick, efficient, effective and rewarding. But...  sometimes I want to revel in the meditative, slow and thoughtful process of hand piecing. 

I take a curious delight in doing things the long way occasionally. When it is a long hard road to create something I somehow appreciate it more. I have more a personal connection when I have watched the quilt slowly grow and evolve. 

I am not removed from the process. I am a participant.

I love to reach the end quickly and to see what has been abstract and theoretical in the flesh. But, sometimes, it is the journey rather than the destination.








Cait x

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I really love looking at the back of the quilt before you put the backing on, I love seeing the work that has gone into the patchwork and when it's all sewn up and quilted, I like knowing what the inside looks like too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the pattern? This such a great variation on hexies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete